It has been some time since the last post but product development has not stopped.
|Steel Slat Bracket Signal with a Lower Quadrant and an Upper Quadrant arm|
operated by linear servos. The LQ and UQ dolly posts are designed
to plug into the Steel Slat Bracket.
New items that have been added to the range are:
- Left Hand Steel Slat Bracket Signal to complement the previously released right-hand version.
- Mid-Post Steel Slat Bracket Signal
- 16 foot Lower Quadrant Timber Post Signal
- 18 foot Lower Quadrant Timber Post Signal
- 18 foot 2 Arm Lower Quadrant Timber Post Signal
- 27 foot Home and Distant Lower Quadrant Timber Post Signal
- Left Hand Offset Dolly Timber Bracket Signal (no main post dolly)
- Right hand Offset Dolly Timber Bracket Signal (no main post dolly)
- 4 styles of Upper Quadrant Dolly Posts for the Steel Slat Bracket Signals
- Upper Quadrant Signal Arms
- NSWR 48 Class Diesel Electric Locomotive front and rear Handrails and Multi-unit Connectors designed to replace lost Trainorama 48 Class parts
Brass Signals and Parts Pricing
- One Arm 27', 23' 18' and 16' Post Signal Kit - $60
- One Arm 27', 23' 18' and 16' Post Signal built and painted - $100
- Two Arm 27', 23' 18' Post Signal Kit - $70
- Two Arm 27', 23' 18' Post Signal built and painted - $110
- Timber LH or RH Post Bracket Signal Kit (1 or 2 Arms) - $100
- Timber LH or RH Post Bracket Signal built and painted (1 or 2 Arms) - $170
- Steel Tubular Post 27' or 23' One Arm Signal Kit - $60
- Steel Tubular Post 27' or 23' One Arm Signal built and painted - $100
- Steel Tubular Post Left or Right Hand Bracket Signal Kit - $100
- Steel Tubular Post Left or Right Hand Bracket Signal built and painted - $170
- Steel Slat Bracket Signal (1 or 2 Arms) - $200
- Steel Slat Bracket signal (3 Arm) - $220
- Brass Signal Arm, Lamp Blind and Counterweight Lever replacements for Shapeways plastic signals - $6 a set Signal arms available are: 39", 36", 30", Siding, Shunt Ahead, Wrong Road and Calling On.
- Upper Quadrant Signal Arm - $3
- Ladder - Short with Safety Ring at the top - $6
- Ladder - Medium with Safety Ring at the top - $6
- Ladder - Tall with Safety Ring at the top for 16 foot and 18 foot posts - $6
- Ladder - 21 feet long with Cast Iron Base - $6
- Upper Quadrant Dolly Posts - $3 each
- Lower Quadrant Dolly Posts - $3 each
- NSWR 48 Class Handrails and Multi-unit Connectors (Trainorama) - $12 for one 48 Class.
The above signal prices include the adjustable throw bellcrank mechanism.
Linear Servos for the mechanisms are $12.50 each.
Pack and Post would be in addition to the above prices.
Here is a video of an Upper Quadrant signal being operated by a Tam Valley Depot Dual Three Way servo control board (see Tam Valley Depot News below).
Here are the four Upper Quadrant dolly posts.
|The numbers 51-54 are product codes|
Here are the 6 lower Quadrant Dolly Posts with product codes.
|The numbers 44 -49 are product codes|
Here is a photo of the brass 48 Class Handrails and Multi-unit Connectors for the Trainorama 48 Class. These plug into the same hole mounts and can be glued so they won't come out.
These were made as I found that I had lost several handrails on my Trainorama 48 Class locomotives. These can be glued in place, unlike the push-fit original parts that can easily be caught and spring away during handling.
As some modellers will know already, Duncan McRae. the owner of Tam Valley Depot has terminal cancer and has retired. His family are going to attempt to keep the business going but possibly due to the supply difficulties of electronic parts they have reduced the product line. Unfortunately, the Singlet II, Octopus III and the Quad-Pic servo control boards have been dropped from the line. Hopefully, this will be resolved and the boards will be available again.
The Frog Juicers and DCC Booster are still available.
There is no mention of the Dual Three Way Servo board being dropped but it isn't listed as a product anymore.
A three-way servo control board is required for the Upper Quadrant signals.
There are other servo control boards available and here are several possibilities.
I am sure there would be others so if anyone knows of any please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.